Twitter

Follow jcaves_2 on Twitter

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just Ain't Gonna Work Out Girl

This is one of the videos that I seen freshman year at Bradley off of Vashties Blog, and it definitely inspired me to be a director-- Camera movements, story, beautiful imagery. Plus Mayer Hawthorne kicks ass, and this song is so true for a lot of people. Funny thing is last fall I went to his concert at the Darkroom (still wasn't 21), but I hustled my way in (had to explain to this very cute girl named Michelle or Mary something with an M and her friend that I wasn't 21 and had my bros id-- he was behind me in line-- and if I could cut with them). Surprisingly, they let me in and I got to meet him after his set. I told him I was an aspiring director and would love to do a video for him. Hawthorne being the sly nice guy said "yea yea-- do you have a reel?" I looked at him with slight disappointment and said "no, not yet.." He then handed me the signed heart shaped record that read "Jacob-Keep The Soul brotha", and gave me an email to hit up his people (which I lost)... Well Since then I've been on my grind doing these low budget vids to build my reel--meeting people etc etc. Well I'm still waiting to do that vid so Hawthorne hit me up and you can check out my reel now!

No comments:

Post a Comment